Connect biochemistry to clinical practice!”
Marks’ Basic Medical Biochemistrylinks biochemistry to physiology and pathophysiology, allowing students to apply fundamental concepts to the practice of medicine – from diagnosing patients to recommending effective treatments. Intuitively organized chapters center on hypothetical patient vignettes, highlighting the material’s clinical applications; helpful icons allow for smooth navigation, making complex concepts easier to grasp.
- Full-color illustrationsmake chemical structures and biochemical pathways easy to visualize.
- Patient vignettesconnect biochemistry to human health and disease.
- Clinical Notesexplain patient signs or symptoms, andMethod Notesrelate biochemistry to the laboratory tests ordered during diagnosis.Clinical Commentslink biochemical dynamics to treatment options and patient outcomes.Biochemical Commentsexplore directions for new research.Key ConceptsandSummary Diseasetables highlight the take-home messages in each chapter.
- Questions and answersat the end of each chapter – 470 total inside the book, with 560 more online – probe students’ mastery of key concepts.
- Additional handy resourcesavailable online make it easy to review all diseases and all methods covered throughout the book and to find references for further information and study
Quizz 1er after 2 weeks — 10%
10 Topics in 15 weeks
1-Homework after 4 weeks- 30%
Intra after 8 weeks- 20%
2- Homework after 10 weeks- 15%
Quiz after 12 weeks — 10%
Final after 15 weeks –15%